Free Consultation and No Upfront Legal Fees
When you are diagnosed with mesothelioma or lung cancer, you have many issues to address and handle. The last thing you need is to worry about any upfront legal fees. At Baron & Budd, our firm works on a contingency basis. This means that the firm’s clients will never have to pay upfront for the services provided to them. If the case is successful, the law firm will receive a percentage of the award. If it is not successful, the client does not owe the firm attorney fees.
Our Attorneys Simplify the Process For You
The process is complicated for those who are not familiar with how everything works, but we will simplify it for you. $30 BILLION dollars has been set aside in various Asbestos Trusts for asbestos victims. Your mesothelioma claim may be settled in less than a year, without filing a lawsuit or going to court, but it’s important to know there are deadlines to file your claim. Our experienced team of Louisiana attorneys and legal professionals will work hard so you can focus on what’s important to you.
We Travel to You (or meet virtually)
Call us and we will personally come to you for a free consultation… anywhere in Louisiana or the country.
Don’t miss this opportunity to discuss your potential case and the compensation you and your family may be owed. If you feel more comfortable doing a virtual meeting, we can do that too.
Why talk to us? We have the proof!
See Some of Our Significant & Recent Mesothelioma Victories in Louisiana
Here’s why we are ranked among the best mesothelioma law firms in the nation. This is just a partial list of our recent mesothelioma case results in Louisiana. We’ve obtained many more multi-million-dollar confidential settlements that provide security for the future for the families of hard-working people in Louisiana.
- $36.7 million jury award for our client who was diagnosed with mesothelioma after working for many years as a Local 60 pipefitter and welder. Our trial lawyers were able to obtain the largest asbestos verdict for a single client in Louisiana history.
- $17.2 million jury award for our client and his family. Our Client suffered and died from a severe non-malignant asbestos-related disease called asbestosis. Our attorneys were able to obtain the largest asbestos verdict for a single client in Louisiana history.
- Over $9 million in total settlements for our Client who was diagnosed and suffered from epithelioid peritoneal mesothelioma. Our Client was exposed to asbestos from her father’s dirty work clothes when she was a child. Her father worked for less than 6 months at petrochemical facilities along the Mississippi River. Our attorneys were able to obtain the above settlement for her exposure to asbestos from her father’s work clothes.
- $8 million in total settlements for our Client, a Local 53 Insulator, diagnosed with malignant pleural mesothelioma after being exposed to asbestos while working in oil refineries and chemical plants throughout Louisiana. Years earlier, he had been diagnosed with a non-malignant asbestos-related disease.
- Over $7 million in total settlements for a pipefitter/welder who worked at many of the petrochemical plants along the Mississippi River around Baton Rouge. Our Client suffered from biphasic pleural mesothelioma and our attorneys were able to obtain settlements that provided peace of mind for him for his family.
- Over $7 million for a boilermaker who worked at many of the petrochemical facilities along the Mississippi River between New Orleans to Baton Rouge. Our Client suffered from pleural mesothelioma and our attorneys were able to obtain settlements totaling the amount above for him and his family.
- Over $6 million in total settlements for a lifelong union boilermaker who worked at shipyards and petrochemical plants throughout Louisiana. Our Client suffered from pleural mesothelioma. Our mesothelioma lawyers were honored to have been a part of this fight against asbestos companies and the disease they caused, mesothelioma.
- Over $6 million in total settlements for a longshoreman and cargo handler on the Mississippi River who loaded and unloaded asbestos cargo on ships, wharves and warehouses in the Port of New Orleans. Our Client suffered from pleural mesothelioma. Our mesothelioma lawyers were honored to have been a part of this fight against asbestos companies and the disease they caused, mesothelioma.
- $5.57 million jury award for our Client and his family. Our Client suffered from epithelioid pleural mesothelioma and our attorneys were able to obtain this verdict against a shipyard for only 12 days of work at the shipyard in 1973.
- Over $5 million in total settlements for our Client who was exposed to asbestos in the 1950s and 1960s when he worked as an operator and laborer at a Baton Rouge chemical plant. Our Client suffered from pleural mesothelioma and our attorneys were able to obtain settlements for his family.
- Over $4 million in total settlements for a union pipefitter and welder who was exposed to asbestos at aluminum plants, chemical plants, oil refineries and power plants in Southeast Louisiana. Our client suffered from epithelioid pleural mesothelioma and our mesothelioma lawyers were honored to have fought against the companies that were responsible for his mesothelioma.
Baron & Budd’s Mesothelioma Litigation in Louisiana
Baron & Budd mesothelioma attorney and Louisiana native, Burton LeBlanc, successfully testified against state bill HB 447, which would have given asbestos bankruptcy trusts the ability to further delay compensation. We have achieved some of the largest verdicts of their kind for Louisiana families struggling with mesothelioma and for those who have lost loved ones to the illness.
Why Choose Baron & Budd Over Other Law Firms? Because results matter!Hire the firm whose experience sets the standards. Our firm has led the fight for hard-working Louisiana families for over forty years. When you hire Baron & Budd, you have our dedicated team of mesothelioma litigators, researchers, medical experts, and private investigators fighting for you.
- Our law firm pioneered mesothelioma lawsuit claims starting in the 1970’s, representing some of the first mesothelioma victims.
- Our attorneys understand the Louisiana court system.
- We continue fighting daily to secure mesothelioma compensation for victims like you because we care.
- When our attorneys walk into the courtroom, the attorneys representing the asbestos companies know we can take the fight to the largest companies in the world.